Sunday 10 April 2016

Fairy Gardens

What an eventful day we've had!

A nice peaceful start to the day, while I continued to plough through the mountain of post-holiday washing!  Then, after lunch, DD and I decided we'd have a go at making the Fairy Garden we've been planning to make.  We did ask DS if he wanted to join us but he was in a Minecraft kind of a mood :-)

So, we broke out my new glue gun and set to work!  I gave DD free reign on what she wanted to make, how she wanted to make it and what materials we used.  I deliberately held back, only gave my opinion when it was asked for (although more often than not I bounced it back with it "what do you think you should put there?" Or "where do you think it should go?")  Lovely to watch her confidence soaring and her grin spreading as she scampered to and fro getting it all how she wanted.  She was great with the glue gun too, under supervision, no incidents :-) 

And look what she made......






I think she's done a super job!   And I've just been out to check on it, and it looks like some fairies may have visited already........



....... I can definitely see what looks like Fairy Dust sparkling... ;-) 

We then went to a local playground to meet up with some old friends from school.  Unfortunately, DD then fell off a low climbing frame, landed awkwardly and bent her thumb back!!  Luckily, the friend I was meeting is a paramedic, so we had an immediate one-to-one assessment & consultation! :-)   It is swollen, it is bruised but we're sure it's just a sprain.  Obviously we'll keep a close eye on it over the next couple of days but she said it was feeling alot better this evening and she was able to move it quite freely, including holding a pencil and managing to eat her dinner.  She's been very brave, so I'm extremely pleased we managed to get something nice done in the afternoon before it happened as it is not only her writing hand but she was due to go horse riding and rock climbing this week, neither of which will be happening now :-(   Hopefully a visit from the fairies will cheer her up a bit xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment